Sunday, 8 December 2013

Site Owner can't edit the page! Access Denied?

Background

A user who was the owner of a site collection was trying to edit the site's home page but was getting "Access Denied" error! As a site collection administrator I could edit the page fine but the site owner could not. Turned out that the user didn't have access to Master Pages Gallery! I found out that the master pages library had unique permissions. To solve the problem, I granted the user "read" permission on the library and the problem was solved!

Short Steps

  1. Go to master pages library
  2. Open library permissions
  3. add the user with "read" permission

Detailed Steps

1. Go to master pages library. Click Site Actions > Site Settings > Master pages and page layouts


2. Open library permissions


3. Add the user with "read" permission


 


















After this the user should be ready to edit the home page of the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment